Friday, January 28, 2005

Weekend worries

So, here I am with streppy-throat and lemsips all a steaming, and feel like shit and worried for my liver. How the hell come is it that everything that has some sort of action beneficial to you in an analgesic or anti-inflammatory way shafts the liver well and proper?

I have become a little more aware of my liver in recent months, ever since the SGPT and SGOT and the gamma GT jumped and caused me a little concern. I mean what the fuck are all these numbers and letters all about anyway? I’ve done my reading, oh yes, and now I know what the numbers measure. I also know I can live with much higher numbers than those I am currently scoring on my "to what extent have the interferons fucked your liver" scale.

So I am all throated out and fluey at the moment.

Nevertheless, I am still going to lead a rag-tag fugitive fleet to Pal - no wait, that’s something else, I’m in charge of a group of cavers, not a Starfleet. So we going to Pal tomorrow morning. Oh yes.

Between Vityna and Marko's junction there is settled snow on the road. Marko's junction is where the hairpin bend is after Zatouna. Mother had trouble getting as far as Zatouna yesterday, although the sunny weather should have made things better for today.

The plan is to set off at 06:30 hours tomorrow morning from the club and meet at the kiosk at 07:00 hours. From there we scoot to Pal as fast as we can, to meet the mayor who will give us the 4x4 and someone to take us to the holes. Temperatures in Paloumba are currently at about 7 degrees.

We have about 110m of rope - three twenties and a fifty. We have about five little ropey things and six belts plus some wire rope, got about twenty anchors and plates for rigging, but hope to do most of it without having to hammer the rock anywhere.

No idea what we’ll find - so quite excited. Worried about how all the team will sleep and how they’ll be accepted by the villagers, etc.

Generally got a whole bunch of worries on my mind.


And now a quote from his Bobness:

For them that must obey authority
That they do not respect in any degree
Who despise their jobs, their destinies
Speak jealously of them that are free
Cultivate their flowers to be
Nothing more than something
They invest in.

No comments: